Attending an IMMA event, tour, talk, or workshop indicates that you agree in full to the following five-point code of participation:
1. If you can’t arrive on time for the start of a workshop session or indeed you can’t attend a particular workshop session at all, please let us know as soon as possible by email.
2. IMMA welcomes the use of mobile devices like web-enabled smartphones or tablets, especially if you want to learn more about IMMA’s artworks, or save a memory of your museum experience, or share that experience through social media apps. Photography is allowed in the grounds and in most IMMA Collection exhibitions. However photography is not permitted in almost all temporary exhibitions. You should not make or take a mobile phone call in any exhibition space, and mobile phones including text messaging should not be used at all during talks, guided tours, and workshops in the studios. If you are unclear about these guidelines, just check in with the facilitator of the workshop or any of our IMMA staff on duty in the galleries.
3. IMMA expects that every person who takes part in an event, tour and workshop will help us create an atmosphere of respect: first of all, respect for ourselves as individuals; respect for other participants, in the way that we talk to, listen to, and interact with each other; respect for IMMA staff and facilitators; and respect for the artworks, galleries, grounds, and facilities at IMMA that are here to be shared by everyone.
4. IMMA encourages participation: by offering your thoughts, feelings, and insights in a positive way, you will contribute to everyone else in the group having a significant experience. This is a two-way process. Your opinions are highly valued but give everyone a chance to contribute, and encourage everyone to do so. Everyone should contribute to a safe and non-judgemental space.
5. Ask questions, express concerns: During activities everyone must feel free to express opinions and concerns. There are no stupid questions or insignificant concerns. If you do have a question or a concern, but you don’t want to ask or talk in front of others, please ask IMMA staff privately when there is the next available free moment. We regard all your questions and concerns as important.
In attending workshops, events, and tours at IMMA, teens and young people agree in full to the five points of the code of participation outlined in this document: Download Code of Participation
Please note this is archive content and may not display optimally.
Welcome to IMMA. Our website may not work correctly in your browser. We only support IE 10+ (PC only), Chrome 60+, Firefox 55+, Safari (9+ Mac / 5+ PC).