Booking a Tour/Workshop in the IMMA Primary School Programme Terms
- There are set times and dates for IMMA’s Primary School Programme (tour and workshop): from 10:00am to 12noon, Tuesday to Friday, on dates designated by IMMA.
- Tour/ workshops must be booked online at least two weeks in advance of your intended visit and subject to availability.
- The maximum number of children per tour/ workshop is 32.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult throughout the tour/ workshop. At least two adults designated by the school need to accompany a group of 32 children.
- A fee of €25.00 per tour/ workshop is charged for participation in the Primary School Programme. Booking and payments are made through Ticketsolve which accepts all major cards. However, if your school is listed on the Deis scheme there is no charge (you will be required to provide the school’s roll number in order to complete booking).
- Teachers are asked to arrive at least 15 minutes before the scheduled start at 10.00am, to allow for assembly and necessary breaks for their students. This will maximize time spent engaging with the artworks in the galleries.
- We rely completely on teachers’ professional input when it comes to dealing with any challenging behaviour from children or sorting out practical issues such as toilet breaks, etc.
- If a school class is late arriving at IMMA, the tour/ workshop schedule will be rearranged to emphasise engaging with the artworks in the galleries. While any practical or hands-on activity can be done at a later date with the teacher back in the classroom, IMMA’s exhibitions offer children a unique forum for ‘looking and responding’ as promoted in the Primary School Curriculum. Please try and notify IMMA Reception if your transport is delayed for any reason at tel: 01-612 9900 (it’s an automatic switch – please follow keypad directions).
Refund Policy for IMMA Primary School Programme Online Booking
- No refund will be given if a teacher or school cancels a tour booking which has been confirmed by IMMA as part of its Primary School Programme.
- In the case of a cancellation, a rescheduled tour date may be offered by IMMA, if possible.
- However, rescheduling a cancelled tour may not be possible due to prior commitments at IMMA. There will be no refund if, for whatever reason, an alternate date cannot be found by IMMA within the current academic year.
- Paid and confirmed tours are non-transferable: It is not possible to carry over into any subsequent academic year, a booking fee or a booked tour/ workshop slot unused in the current academic year. It is not possible to transfer a confirmed tour-slot from one class to another.
• IMMA has to cancel a confirmed tour/ workshop for any reason.
• There is an exceptional circumstance for the school (i.e. bereavement for the class or teacher, or a serious hindrance to school operations such as flooding, snow etc.);
• And it proves impossible or inappropriate to reschedule the tour in these circumstances;
a refund will be made within 30 days.
Please use the contact details below to notify IMMA as soon as possible of any exceptional circumstance that has arisen at the school.
- Date change: If you need to cancel or change the date of a confirmed tour, for whatever reason, please contact IMMA as soon as possible, but at least 24 hours in advance of the tour/ workshop’s scheduled start-time.
Family & Schools: Engagement & Learning
Irish Museum of Modern Art
Royal Hospital, Military Road,
Kilmainham, Dublin 8
Tel: 01 612 9950
Fax: 01 612 9999
Email: [email protected]