The Temple, 1948 is a 1948 work by Gerard Dillon. It is part of the IMMA Permanent Collection.
|Dimensions||27.9 x 35.6 cm|
|Credit Line||IMMA Collection: Heritage Gift from the McClelland Collection by Noel and Anne Marie Smyth, 2003|
|Item Number||IMMA.1551 MCCL|
|Copyright||For copyright information, please contact the IMMA Collections team: [email protected].|
Born in Belfast, Gerard Dillon worked for a decorating firm in London from 1934 to 1939. From 1936 he began to paint and visited Connemara frequently. Dillon spent the war years in Belfast and Dublin and, from 1943, was a regular contributor and committee member of the Irish Exhibition of Living Art. He returned to London in 1945 but often returned to Connemara to paint. Dillon represented Ireland at the Guggenheim International in 1960 and the Marzotto International Rome in 1963.View Artist
Please note this is archive content and may not display optimally.
Welcome to IMMA. Our website may not work correctly in your browser. We only support IE 10+ (PC only), Chrome 60+, Firefox 55+, Safari (9+ Mac / 5+ PC).