Welcome to our weekly Explorer at Home activity. This week we invite you to make your own note cards from pressed flowers to send to loved ones. Inspired by the Irish artist William McKeown and his beautiful drawings, ‘Primrose II‘ (2003) and ‘Snowdrop’ (2008) from the IMMA Collection. McKeown’s luminous, near abstract paintings explore states of mind, such as happiness and freedom, and qualities of nature, like light, air and sky.
Here is an easy way to make your own notecards
1. Begin by collecting small Spring flowers or leaves that can be pressed.
2. Use some grease proof paper to press the flowers and put the paper in between the pages of a heavy book.
3. Leave for a few days until the small flowers or leaves have been dried.
4. Then get a sheet of A4 paper and fold in half.
5. Decorate the paper card sticking the small flowers on with pritt stick (glue).
A beautiful way to celebrate Spring and share with loved ones.
Make sure to tag us with the #ExploreratHome hashtag so we can see your art and include it on our website.
#ExploreratHome #IMMAInsideOut #IMMACollection
Please note this is archive content and may not display optimally.