MENUCLOSE

Opening Hours

Full opening hours

Location

Royal Hospital Kilmainham
Dublin 8, D08 FW31, Ireland
Phone +353 1 6129900

View Map

Find us by

X
Barry Flanagan, 1941–2009, Seamus Heaney, 1939–2013

The Names of the Hare, 19822006

The Names of the Hare, 1982 is a 2006 work by Barry Flanagan and Seamus Heaney. It is part of the IMMA Permanent Collection.

Medium5-colour offset litho prints
Dimensions 55.9 x 43.2 cm
Credit LineIMMA Collection: IMMA Editions, Donated by the artist, 2006
EditionEdition 192/250
Item NumberIMMA.2203
Copyright For copyright information, please contact the IMMA Collections team: [email protected].
Tags
Image Caption
Barry Flanagan, Seamus Heaney, The Names of the Hare, 1982, 2006, 5-colour offset litho prints, 55.9 x 43.2 cm, Collection Irish Museum of Modern Art, IMMA Editions, Donated by the artist, 2006

For copyright information, please contact the IMMA Collections team: [email protected].

Barry Flanagan

Barry Flanagan 1941–2009

Born in Wales, sculptor Barry Flanagan studied at Birmingham College of Art and Crafts and St Martin's School of Art, London. Best known for his leaping and dancing bronze hares which were displayed worldwide, Flanagan represented Britain at the 1982 Venice Biennale. He was elected to the Royal Academy and received an OBE in 1991. A major retrospective of Flannagan’s work was held at IMMA, in association with Dublin City Gallery The Hugh Lane, in 2006.  

View Artist

Seamus Heaney

Seamus Heaney 1939–2013

Northern Irish poet Seamus Heaney studied at Queen's University, Belfast. His major poetry collections include Death of a Naturalist (1966), The Haw Lantern (1987) and The Spirit Level (1996). He also published works of prose, criticism and translation. Heaney received many literary prizes including the Whitbread Poetry Award, the Whitbread Book of the Year Award and the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1995. He taught at Queen's University, Harvard University, Oxford University.

View Artist

Important Notice

Alert

We would like to advise our visitors that our Main Reception area is closed for renovation from 22 April until mid-June. A temporary reception is open on the ground floor next to the original main entrance. There are three exhibitions to visit  Hilary Heron: A Retrospective; Derry Film & Video Workshop and Self: Determination: Artists Commissions. IMMA’s shop, café and gardens are all open.

X