Elinor Wiltshire (nee O’Brien) and her husband Reginald founded the Green Studios on St Stephen's Green in 1951. Following Reginald's death in 1968, Elinor sold the studio and moved to London where she worked as a botanist and researcher at the Natural History Museum. Wiltshire later donated her collection of photographic negatives and prints to the National Library of Ireland. The bulk of the work features Dublin, providing a view of life in the capital during the 1950s and 60s. Between 1982 and 1989, Wiltshire created over 50 needlepoint pieces based on life in London. She donated 12 of these pieces to IMMA in 2013.